Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 17 - Cheer Up Buttercup

I have been in a major funk. And it’s time for it to end.

So, while I have been dwelling over all the annoying, sucky things going on, I’ve decided to focus on the fun and exciting things that are coming up.

Now here is my list of upcoming fun!

- I get to cover a wonderful event with huge names and while I completely think I’ll be a bit of a mess, it’ll be a huge accomplishment and I think I need to start thinking of it that way.

- My sisters are coming! Finally, I get to have some family visit me out here! While it’s been stressful getting ready and making sure all pieces are in place, I can’t wait to see them and know it will be an absolute blast.

- Martini is coming! My middle sister has the best dog ever and he is making a trip out to California (possibly to become a movie star).

- Movie screening Monday. It’s a small movie, but I get to take LE and my oldest sister to it, so I feel pretty cool. Very excited that I get to take my sister to a fancy, private, advance screening with comfy comfy seating.

- Chelsea Handler Show!! Finally I get to go to a taping. I’m so excited to see her in person and I hope she has a super great guest on the show.

- Possible studio tour. Oldest sister and I might go on a tour. And while this is totally lame in a way, I foresee a million laughs along the way. Plus we’ll probably get yelled at or in trouble or kicked off the lot.

- My hero - Greg Behrendt (He’s Just Not That Into You). LE and both sisters and I are going to his show next week. I am sooooo excited. And I can tell him I was probably the only person in the world who watch his short-lived talk show everyday.

- My bowling gift card. Finally going to use it with my visitors. Nice to get something for free!

- I do have an interview with a company that publishes a couple of magazines. Unsure about it as of now, but it’ll be interesting to hear what the job would entail and if it’s what I want to do that could easily sway me.

- My birthday is in about 2 weeks. While I do not like to make a huge deal out of my birthday and get rather overwhelmed once it gets here, I think I will be OK this year. I’m just going to let people fawn over me and do whatever they want and take it easy. Ha.

- I will soon have had a Sprinkles cupcake.

- I’m working my way through all the Shopaholic books and love them and can totally relate to Becky, although it’ll be sad when I’m done with them.

- My sister’s calendar for California. My oldest sister and I figured out how to make and share a calendar on Gmail, so we can add things and stay organized, but we can both use it and we are having so much fun with it.

- Griffith Observatory. Oldest sister and I are going to go and she’s going to say, “What are you rebelling against?” To which I will respond, “What have you got?” And then we’ll drive off a cliff.

- Doggie beach with Martini. Have I mentioned how fabulous and gorgeous he is???

OK, that’s about all I can think about for now. But now I am super excited and feeling better.



^ So not how I will be greeting my sisters at the airport. Sorry girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment