Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 72 - Treasures

This weekend Legal Eagle and I spent most of our time unpacking and getting the apartment to look super cute. And it is definitely on its way.

And while I will tell more of this in a bit, first I must tell the story of the treasures box.

I was sitting in LE's room while she cleaned. She has a few boxes labeled different things like stationary, cards and then there is one marked treasures.

So LE had to put some more "treasures" in this box while I was there. It includes some stuff like foreign coins, guitar picks, but then that day she came upon a problem:

LE: (picks up a teeny tiny Christmas sweater hanging on a hanger) I mean, what do I do with this?

Me: (long pause) Do you really want me to tell you what most people would do with it?

LE: (long pause and smile) No.

Me: What's it from anyway?

LE: It was on a gift.

Me: Most people would throw it out.

LE: (looking around her room, says almost wistfully) Treasures (as she places it in the Treasures box).

Me: (laughing like a maniac and picking up the sweater to look at it and seeing the "2008" stitching on back).

LE: See, it's new. I can't get rid of it.

I'm glad LE doesn't mind me always writing about our conversations, well, if she does, she lets me do it anyway.

Sooooooooooo....

We have moved to the Hollywood Hills! Finally. It was exhausting, but we aren't of our old apt. and not a moment too soon.

Everything is great at our new place. I saw my first coyote the other night, it was kind of cute and kind of creepy.

We have so many plans for how we want to decorate our place and rooms, but I think it will take a little while. My room is finally coming together even though I have a huge pile of laundry to do today or tomorrow.

OK, I'm done with this for today. I may post a little pic of the sweater later. Perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment