Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 78 - Twitter Tweet

Dear Twitter,

I don't get you. I've tried to understand the point of updating my life by the hour, but this morning I didn't do anything other than have tea and toast and look up facts about tuxedo cats. So what would my Tweet (is this the correct usage?) say?

My Tweet: I'm trying to be English and drink tea. PS. Did you know tuxedo cats are 200% smarter than other cats?

How boring and why would I really want to admit to this?

Also, I already have Facebook and can update where I am and what I'm doing on there. Do I need to let people know when I am grocery shopping and where I am grocery shopping? I suppose we have become a society of stalkers and stalker-wanters and you, Twitter, are encouraging this.

Maybe we all just want to be famous and want to know that people care what we are doing at 4:46 pm on Monday.

So I accepted that we need to feel important and want to seem clever and write funny Tweets (again, is this correct?). But most of us are neither funny nor clever. Most of us are boring or obnoxious. Especially when using LOL or ROFL (which I still think should be ROTFL since you include "on" but not "the"...use proper English!).

But then Twitter, you played a cruel joke. You made up a Christopher Walken Twitter...and it was funny! It was the funny, clever stuff I never thought Twitter would be! But then as quickly as you gave me this, you took it away. It was never Christopher Walken and now it just seems slightly less funny than it was.

Twitter dear, it would make me the happiest girl in the world if you would go away. Please, just leave. I don't care who is doing what and who is misspelling what and using poor grammar.

Sincerely,
Me (Twitter-less)

PS. Please explain Tweets to me when you have some time.



So, as you can see I have not gotten a whole lot done today. And I really did look up Tuxedo Cat Facts...Barbar asked me to.


^ Could you say no to that face?

Also, I read about Bob Jones University and their strict requirements. Thanks oldest sister!

Productive day...right after lunch I am going to seriously work!

1 comment:

  1. hilarious post--send it to some magazine that likes to make fun of modern day issues. also, 200% smarter? maybe that's why little one always looks terrified living amongst two barbarians like baby and me.

    ReplyDelete