Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 141 - Do We Approve?

This was the question posed yesterday to me from Legal Eagle upon Double B finally asking her out on a date for this Thursday!!!!

The rest of the convo went as such:


Me: Yeah!

LE: Really?

Me: I must say, I'm very impressed with how he's handled getting in touch with you and asking you out.

LE: I know. Me too.

Me: I wasn't sure when he'd call to schedule it, but Tuesday was the perfect day because he gave you Monday to yourself.

LE: Yeah, I was going to give him until Wednesday.


To recap: Double B first got in touch with LE on Sunday, after the Halloween extravaganza with just a few simple, but well-handled texts congratulating her Dallas Cowboys who won and saying he'd send some pictures from Halloween. Well played Double B.

But now the apartment is in full "LE is going on a date" mode. So fun! Tonight we pick out the outfit.

And of course, we have already further discussed the details of the date:


LE: Is it going to be awkward?

Me: Probably for the first few minutes.

LE: What do we talk about? What if we have nothing in common?

Me: Hmm...talk about his dog, job, family, siblings, football. Talk about positive things, nothing negative. You'll have something in common. Anyway, you're chatty. You'll be fine.

LE: What do I eat? Ugh, eating in front of guys is weird.

Me: Well not something hard or messy to cut like steak. Not pasta, not salad. Fish! No, fish smells like fish. Hmm...maybe don't eat?

LE: Maybe small finger foods.

Me: Yeah. Oh and don't forget your toothbrush.

LE: I am not staying over at his place!

(Pause)

Me: To brush your teeth before going out. You do realize that you leave at 5AM, so that will have been the last time you brushed your teeth.

LE: (laughs) Good thinking. How do I greet him?

Me: A hug?

LE: Do I have to offer to pay?

Me: I'd say dig around in your purse like you are looking for your wallet. He asked you out and it's not a blind date or anything. Until women are paid the exact same as men, then men should pay on the first date.

LE: Plus he already knows I'm poor. I told him. He said, "You're not a lawyer?".

Me: Aw, he probably thought he had a sugar mama on his hands.

LE: Dreams crushed.


I think they'll have a smashing time!

And of course LE said she will try to do some recon work on Mr. Kiss Me. (Note: I do not make her do this as I am staying out of the situation as long as a girlfriend is in the picture.) Actually, she did tell Casey that I wasn't totally opposed to MKM and Casey said he definitely wouldn't be opposed to me. To which I reminded LE that I am definitely opposed to guys with girlfriends.

In the meantime, all this talking about dates has reminded me...I need to go on a date! With anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment