Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 149 - A Single, Adult, Away From Family Girl's Thanksgiving Plans

Sooooo...Legal Eagle and I actually have Thanksgiving plans this year other than making all the food ourselves and then eating it all.

We will be heading to Casey's Thanksgiving. I think it'll be Casey and maybe some of her family, as well as Cappie and some others. It sounds fun and I will be making some awesome mac and cheese, LE will make a dessert and of course we will bring wine.

Thanksgiving has probably been one of the "eh" holidays out in California for us, so I'm pumped to have plans and not have to cook all day!!

Oh, and it doesn't end there.

After hanging out for Thanksgiving, we will spend the night going out to Azteca (which is the bar/restaurant we finished off Halloween). We always have a good time there. It's a Mexican bar/restaurant that is dedicated to Elvis and has karaoke and Guitar Hero and stuff on random nights. Fun!

Oh, and it doesn't end there either.

Earlier this last week, Casey went into full matchmaker mode and made sure that Double B (LE's "bf") and his roomie RJ will be going to Azteca Thanksgiving night.

Unfortunately, LE and Casey have not been able to give me the exact wording of how he agreed to go and what he thinks of me, as we did meet for 1 minute once. Instead, this is what I get in an online chat from LE:

LE: Thanksgiving at Casey's then to Azteca
RJ is going to come
Casey was working on it last night
:)

ME: OK

LE: What are we going to wear for Thanksgiving?

Me: Casey said casual?

LE: Yeah
But then you have a hot date.
:)

Me: So Casey put together us all going to Azteca?

LE: Yes

Me: Cute

LE: So she was like, "Oh [Double B], [LE] is coming to Thanksgiving at my house
and he was like, "Yeah I know."
and then she was like, "Hey [Double B], [LE] is going to Azteca with us after Thanksgiving and he said he would go.

Me: Haha.

LE: And then she was like, "Hey [RJ], Molly is pretty cute, huh?"
and he said yes

Me: You two are sooooo not discreet!

LE: And then she said, "Hey [RJ], Molly is coming over for Thanksgiving."
and he said OK
and then she said, "Hey [RJ], Molly is going to Azteca after Thanksgiving."
and he said, "OK - I want to go too."


OK, problem with this convo is obviously all this was established, but I know this is not the word-for-word convo. I mean, did he AGREE I was cute or did he just go along with it? And did he decide to go to Azteca after it was concluded that I was going or because Double B was going.

But everyone seems convinced he'll adore me, and why wouldn't he???

So now I have a semi-set-up on Thanksgiving. Not weird at all. But, while LE thinks it'll be hilarious because everyone will be around for the set-up, I know the attention will not at all be on me because this will be the first time her and Double B are out with others (other than me) and Casey and Cappie will be all excited to see their set-up out and about. The awkward attention will be all hers!

Should be a fun, interesting Thanksgiving. Will post pictures of what we decide to wear. It's bound to be cute. And despite my previous indifference, I'm kind of excited to get to know a new guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment