Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 188 cont. - Wishy Washy Fishy Wishy And A Double Dose Of Psych!

OK kids, the Neighbor movie night post.

We had made tentative plans to hang out and watch Maniac (a horror movie he has been trying to get me to watch). He told me that he would let me know when he was back from work on Tuesday night, probably sometime after 7pm.

Around 8pm my phone rang. Yes! My phone rang, not a text message. I stared at my phone and had to will my hand to pick it up and answer because, after all, he was making the effort to call.

We talked on the phone. It went fine (especially when I lost my signal and the call, ha!). During the call he said he was leaving work and would I want to come by around 9:30/10, or was that too late because of my bedtime. Very funny.

I headed over and the night began. It's so much easier to just highlight the convos so here you go!

Somehow we were talking about astrology:

Me: When's your birthday?

Neighbor: August 18, a Leo.

Me: Hm...I'm a Leo, too.

Blah, blah, blah.

Neighbor: And then they have all that pairing up stuff of astrology signs, like who you should date.

Me: Yeah.

Neighbor: What happens when two Leos get together?

Me: (really long pause) I don't really know. I've never...dated...a...Leo.

-----------------------------------------

Neighbor mentions the movie Blade Runner:

Me: Blade Runner is one of my mom's favorite movies. She used to make us watch it.

Neighbor: So Ladykillers and Blade Runner. What else?

Me: Actually, maybe my mom's favorite movie is Harold & Maude.

Neighbor: Oh my god. Your mom is awesome.

Me: (in head) Great.

-----------------------------------------

Neighbor: I'd probably be happier holding fries from McDonald's than holding a baby or something.

Me: I know, I wish I didn't love fast food as much as I do, but I do.

Neighbor: What's your favorite?

Me: Oh no, I don't tell anyone that.

Neighbor: Why not?

Me: It's embarrassing. You'll judge me.

Neighbor: McDonald's?

Me: No.

Neighbor: Jack in the Box? Del Taco?

Me: No, but I like both of those.

Neighbor: Taco Bell? El Pollo Loco?

Me: Okay, okay. You said it. Taco Bell.

Neighbor: Ahh, Taco Bell. That's not embarrassing.

-----------------------------------------

We hear a bang in his apartment after watching scary movies:

Neighbor: Shit, what was that?

Me: That was so you.

Neighbor: No, how would I even make that sound? (proceeds to hit everything around him proving he couldn't have made the noise)

Me: Whatever, you're trying to scare me.

Neighbor: I'm the one who has to sleep here tonight.

Me: Yeah, but I have to go outside and walk all the way back to my place.

Neighbor: I'll walk you back to your place.

Me: (in head) Yes!

-----------------------------------------

You're probably wondering about the title. OK, first part:

We totally get along, like we could be really good friends. The trouble with trying to date him is that if it doesn't work then we've (most likely) ruined a friendship and have to live next to each other. Yikes!

But, I also don't like the idea of him dating someone else.

But, he's so unlike anyone I've dated or been interested in that I'm not sure we wouldn't drive each other nuts. (Hello?! Both Leos and the youngest in the family. Recipe for ego, spoiled brat disaster.)

But, I've never so instantly felt so comfortable with a guy who I can actually be myself around and not feel like I have to behave a certain way.

But, due to his dating past, I feel like he falls for girls quickly and I'm the kind of girl who freaks out with that stuff.

But, I really, honestly wish he would make a move or something!

But...see? Totally wishy washy the more I think about everything. Time to stop thinking.

And the double psych?

So, I thought he would make a move or ask me out or something last night.

At one point I was sitting on his couch with the movie case of one of the films next to me. He was up and then came to the couch, picked it up, stood there and watched the TV for a bit and then went back to his seat on the love seat. I so thought he was going to sit next to me.

And then the other psych was when he said he'd walk me back to my place and I thought something would happen then. Instead, he walked me to the driveway that leads to my building and then we parted ways. Dumb.


As of now, clearly I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe he just wants to be friends. Maybe he doesn't think I'm flirting so he isn't going to risk anything. Maybe he's shy like Legal Eagle says. Maybe he's still dealing with his breakup (it's official). But for now, I'm going to do nothing. I'm leaving it up to him to make first contact.

I'll keep you updated!

Oh, and I totally lied to him and told him I never Facebook stalk. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment