Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 228 - All About The '80s

I have sooo much to update, but for now, I'm just going to go over the '80s birthday party for Legal Eagle and her bf this past weekend. Pictures to come later.

The Rubix cube cakes I made were a smashing success. Seriously. People flipped over them. I was really proud and it was a good addition to the party. Also, it made for a great story to tell everyone how I made them using toothpicks. Never again.

LE and her bf hired a taco guy for the food at the party. I guess it's a big thing in Southern California. And that was also a smashing success. The food was really good, wish I had eaten more. Plus it allowed for no one to have to cook or clean up.

There were drinks aplenty. They didn't run out of anything which is always a relief at a party. LE made about a bajillion jello shots which are apparently really a hit at parties. Jello is weird, but in shot form, they work. Go figure.

People dressed in a variety of '80s outfits. From rock 'n' roll to preppy to hip hop to exercise wear, there was everything. Some people didn't dress up, too bad for them.

I played a bunch of video games. Not even sure how that got started, but I jumped right in. I didn't win, although did come in second in one quiz game (which I cheated in, but no one knew).

While I didn't know most of the people, I think I hung out with just about everyone at some point in time. I may have been all over the place.

There wasn't a single moment of drama or fighting or anything negative.

LE and her bf both enjoyed their birthday party. Although when they blew out their candles someone made them feed each other cake. Luckily, they both agreed this was awkward.

No one lost or broke a camera/phone/any item of importance. In fact, one of the best things was that everyone used everyone's cameras so there are all sorts of silly pics on every camera. It really was a good group of people at the party.

With all the drinking, I was smart and always kept a bottle of water with myself. I felt like I was acting like a mature drinker.

OK, more to come, but I really have some work to catch up on. Hope you can wait until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment