Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 281 cont. - Off To The Gala

OK, so last night the Brit and I went to this huge work thing. My boss founded this event and it had major star power.

We had such a good time. One of the best nights out ever.

First, the Brit was running a little late, but we had given ourselves plenty of time so it wasn't a big deal. When he picked me up we were both annoyingly giddy in part for the event and in part, I think, seeing each other all dressed up. He looked sharp and I looked really great. Not to be conceited, but my whole outfit, hair, makeup, etc. all came together exactly as I imagined in my mind which rarely happens so I was already over the moon when he got there.

We joked on the way over about awkward things we would do all night and code words to point out celebrities when we saw them. I really like that he isn't all "too cool" for anything and didn't act like this wasn't a huge thing.

Once we got there we saw other people arriving so our timing was spot on. I knew the location because I had worked at an event there so I knew where to go and what to do.

We took a second to take a couple pictures. Wish we had gotten more but I wasn't even thinking about it most of the time.

First, we went into a large room where drinks were being served before the doors to the event opened. Everything was free. Yay! We had some wine and did lots of people watching. We decided my dress was the best. Obviously.

Eventually, the doors open and we headed in. Salads were already out. We were lucky to be the first to our table, so we got the best seats. The Brit asked if it was rude if we took the best ones and I responded that I work for the founder so I get first dibs. Duh.

Everyone was all polite at our table and not eating their salads yet, so I broke the ice and dug in. I met the people on my side and the Brit met the people on his side of the table. He then somehow introduced everyone at the table and was very outgoing and friendly, but not in an overly aggressive way.

The show began and everything was great. There was one little mess-up with some clips, but nothing too bad. Saw lots of stars and we totally enjoyed it.

Dinner was chicken and veggies and pretty good. We also got a little tower of dessert that the Brit and I were all over.

The rest of the ceremony was fun, fun, fun. Some funny stories and cool stuff to see.

After the event, we headed to the after party. It was very nice and located both inside and outside by the pool. Some of the stars were there for a little bit. We met a number of people and got to talk to my boss for a bit. All went well.

The whole time the Brit was very nice and totally awesome as a date. He had no problem meeting anyone and talking about absolutely anything, but also had no problem saying he was there as my date and, I think, bragged a bit that I worked for the founder.

It was really nice because he let me take the lead and I'm happy we were able to do something that was mine. He also liked meeting my boss and seeing how nice he was to me. And it didn't hurt that my boss told us to get ready for next year. Ha.

We eventually left around 12:30/1am. It was nice that the Brit only had a couple drinks at the beginning of the night and then switched to coffee to make sure we both made it home safely.

All in all, a great, great night.

And now I'm trying to think of another chance to wear my outfit. Hmmmm.

Oh, and some woman we were talking to at one point stopped the Brit mid-sentence to tell him he had a great smile. I knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment