Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 296 - A Fabulous Birthday Celebration

Last night the Brit and I celebrated his birthday and it was great.

First, we went to Geisha House for dinner. He was so excited when I told the parking lot attendant where we were going so we could park. Up until we got there, I kept the dinner locale secret. The Brit apparently loves sushi, phew.

I had read reviews and some people said it was too dark and too loud, but it was actually very nice. It was red lighting but also normal lighting so it wasn't too much. It wasn't loud at all, but we got there early, which I think is the way to go.

We got drinks that were delish! Seriously, I love lychee cocktails.

We also got some edamame and a couple rolls. Everything was really good. The two rolls were really different and he let me pick them both since I had read reviews of what was good.

The only problem there was the service was slow. This would not be a problem except we were on a time crunch. Also, the prices may have been higher than how good the sushi was, but it's very Hollywood, so you expect it.

We made it out on time and walked over to Santaland Diaries!

It was really good, again.

At first I was worried because the actor wasn't as good as the Chicago guy in the beginning, but once he got to the elf stuff and some of the more animated stuff, it was really great. The Brit really enjoyed it. Plus, the lady next to me fell asleep and then woke herself up with her snoring.

After that we decided to grab dessert and wine at Trader Joe's and watch a movie or TV. We then discovered that we both used to get chocolate oranges in our Christmas stockings so that was dessert for the night.

All in all, it was such a nice night. The Brit had a great time and said lots of sweet things about how sweet I am. I know. And now he has a sushi place that he wants to take me to when we're both back in town from Christmas. Plus he was really happy that the whole night was a surprise. He loves surprises which is a relief since I didn't really ask if he did. He just seemed really happy and that was the goal!

Also, I got to wear my $5 awesome H&M dress with black tights and heels and I looked so great! And the Brit was dressed up to which is always fun. He looked sharp and was a total gentleman.

Now I have to pack to move and pack for Christmas in Austin. So much to do. And all I want to do is sleep. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment