Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 4 - I Do It All For My Blog

I am back on track. The What I Like About You episodes were sooo good yesterday and ones that I have only seen a few times (well a bunch, but less than others).

So I had a thing today that went well and I hope turns out well, but I don’t want to think about it too much.

OK, onto the topic that has been the topic for a while now. The Doc texted me last night. Yes, he responded, saying he had fallen asleep because he was up at 5 am for work, but wants to go bowling this Sunday (bowling had been my suggestion last week and no, I will not use my gift card on him). I got this text about 10 minutes after I had headed to bed, so I rolled my eyes I’m sure and fell asleep.

This morning was very focused on something that could be very good for me, so I was busy with that. But I was considering what, if I would, text back. And I knew I would have to consult the usual suspects. But it was early and my oldest sister was on her way to DC, but I knew exactly what she would say.

Me: He texted me to go out Sunday.

Sister: Cool, so you’re going?

Me: Well, he’s been kind of flaky and I don’t know if he deserves a date with me.

Sister: Yeah, but he’s finally doing the one thing you made a huge deal about, planning in advance.

Me: …

And then as I thought of this exchange I also thought of the episode yesterday when Val is getting back into dating, but finds little things wrong with each guy.

Holly yells at her (as she often does even when just talking which is why I adore her), which convinces Val to go out with a guy who does end up having a stuffed toy for each woman he’s slept with, which is odd, but she does it anyway.



So my oldest sister will be my Holly today and I will go out with him again. But he better not blow it because this boy is on thin ice.

However, I still had to consult with the roomie about going out with him again and she provided some very wise advice.

Me: Guess who texted?

Roomie: (her nickname for him)?

Me: Yeah

Roomie: What’d he want? To admit to being a douche bag?

Me: (laughs) No, he wants to go out Sunday. (Shows roomie the text)

Roomie: (makes face) Well…it’ll be good for your blog.

And then it was completely decided because I cannot let my blog down. I refuse to pass up a chance to have a wonderful and hilarious day-after blog just because he has been pretty lame in the past.

Oh and my roommate is quite looking forward to hearing all the details when I get home from it. Stories like him calling me “sweetie” provide her with laughter for days.

But if anyone out there knows how to kindly get someone to stop calling you “sweetie” without just saying, “Oh, can you not call me that. It completely weirds me out,” then I would love love love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment