Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 5 - She's My Partner

*side note: roomie will now be referred to as Legal Eagle, as we decided that she needed a better nickname on here than roomie. I may choose to shorten it to LE at times when I am lazy.

OK, so Legal Eagle and I went to a Panic at the Disco concert a few weekends ago and signed up to go see a timeshare in Escondido this Sunday.

When we first moved out here, we did a similar thing and got some money for it. That’s the thing, you can get awesome gifts if you go and are smart enough to not buy into it. So for this one, I believe we will be getting concert tickets, movie tickets and a trip to Vegas? Needless to say we are super excited and I am all prepared to turn them down.

Here is the catch though, last time we had to pretend not to know each other. LE is great at this. Me not so much. I laugh the whole time and can’t even look at her.

This time however, it’s a little different. We get to go together and everything, but we have to pretend to “be together.” That’s right, she’s my domestic partner for Sunday.

I even got a call to confirm the appointment and it went like this:

Them: And Legal Eagle is coming with you?

Me: Yes.

Them: And she’s your roommate…or is she your partner?

Me: …she’s my partner.

I totally considered saying she was my roommate, but I knew that Holly would do whatever it took to make the situation more awkward and funny.

But then after this convo on the phone, I watch the WILAY (What I Like About You) episode where Holly and Vince are pranking each other and she has to fake marry Ben, but then for some reason Gary offers to.

So am I Ben or Gary and which one is Legal Eagle? I suppose I would be Ben, he isn’t very good at lying. But Sunday should be fully entertaining if I can hold it together.

Oh and Legal Eagle and I are going to hang out with some hippies Saturday and eat some vegan food or something. I probably won’t shower beforehand so that I fit in better. Legal Eagle is going to fro out her hair.

I feel this weekend will definitely live up to the zany situations that WILAY is famous for. Definitely moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment