Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 6ish? - Heaven Sent

This had to be one of the overall funniest weekends in a little while.

Legal Eagle and I were quite busy going to Venice’s Eco-fest and then to San Diego on Sunday to get some free stuff and sit through a boring timeshare presentation.

Eco-Fest


Venice is amazing. I definitely want to live there and sit at all the little cafes and watch some paddle tennis.

But onto Eco-Fest. It was very cool, very nature-y and overall a great time. LE and I adopted a little tree that we will nurture, but have no idea where it will be planted when it gets any bigger. Oops.

But the best part was getting our handwriting analyzed! I got mine done twice, LE only once. Here are the things I learned about myself (the highlights at least) :

- I sleep on 90% of the bed throughout the night (Well, I do toss and turn).

- I’m a control freak and like to make rules for everyone else to follow, except myself (This may actually be true when I think about it)

- I take things literally (The lady said when someone says “Nice shirt” I respond with “I know.” LE got a good laugh at this because she always points out how funny it is that I always say this when people compliment me)

- Some people I might be interested in, but I make most people come to me and do the work…very true.

- Oh! I have a healthy ego! This could be very wrong though.

Well, as you can see this was all fun. LE apparently uses very small word when she is angry and doesn’t like corporate authority…ha, true!

But the best part of Eco-Fest came when we were walking back to the car and this older man on a bike was chatting us up. We both assumed him to be gay and he had a little friend with him, a younger guy (who I assumed as gay as well, but LE didn’t). But while he was chatting us up, he said:

Where are you girls from…other than heaven?

I love it! I am such a sucker for bad lines like that, especially when they come out of nowhere. It really made my day.

San Diego

Sunday we went down to San Diego to hear about a timeshare, so we could get free stuff. This was the day we had to be a couple.

So we went and met our guide Bosko. That’s right, Bosko. He was a trip to say the least. Here is a list of his highlights:

- Asked us to take off our sunglasses while he was talking to us, I assume because he had a feeling we were watching other things and not paying attention (which was true).

- Showed us a model room and while I wandered off, yelled at me to stay near to hear what he was saying.

- As we were declining the offer of the timeshare, he says “I thought you two were educated.”

- When he is trying to figure us out and Legal Eagle keeps telling him that I’m in charge of the money, he asks “Are you girls g-g-gay?” (Which LE of course says yes to).

Those were my favorite Bosko moments, however LE probably topped all my moments because she is such a good liar.

As we are being asked to sign up and I am saying “no” in every way possible, she says, “Well, I want to keep her (me) happy, so I don’t think we can.” I’m surprised I could keep from laughing, but they so bought it and were like, “Oh, you’ll be comfortable with your lifestyle here.”

But we got out and got our goodies. I’m sure there are many Bosko moments that I am missing, but there isn’t enough time in the world to write them all.

All in all, there were some very good, funny moments and I think Holly and Val would be proud.



A separate blog will be coming up soon about the date with The Doc last night. Tyra is on now and it’s a good one and I want to read some Shopaholic and maybe work a little and I am still trying to wrap my head around the date anyway, so patience please!

No comments:

Post a Comment