Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 26 - Maybe It's A Bit Like Love...

I’m exhausted and probably driving myself a little crazy over this whole job thing. I know that I have spent way too much time in front of my computer, checking for jobs or looking at my email, waiting for someone to respond.

So, I need some space. Not that I will stop looking by any means, but I will chill out a little. After all, all of my other internships came when I wasn’t really expecting them or necessarily looking for them.

- CosmoGIRL! came along while I was waiting to hear from Seventeen and randomly called them one day to see if they were filling internships.

- Newcity came while my oldest sister and I were sitting in a Chinese restaurant and she picked up one of their issues and I had never ever heard of them before.

- In Style came along while I had a job and would occasionally check editorial websites to see what was out there, but was not at all looking for an internship of all things.

I suppose they say you find love when you finally stop looking for it, but what I want more than that is a dream job, so I’m going to lighten up on myself and my email checking and job obsessing. I’ll do some temping and whatnot to pay the bills and of course I’ll keep freelancing.

Honestly, I should just be taking a bit from WILAY. Val found her dream bakery when she wasn’t even expecting it.



^ See how happy she looks…well, you know…

Plus now I can get reacquainted with Shopaholic who has been having such a hard time in Shopaholic and Sister.

Oh and better yet, Legal Eagle wants to go to a psychic! I have been dying to go. Really, I would go to a psychic everyday if I could. But she mentioned it this morning and now I am bursting with excitement and have to find a really good one.

And I have to find us a hairdresser soon! I have decided to get bangs again and am also excited about that.

Time for boring dishes…reality can be such a drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment