Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 31 - Shopaholic Style

I finished the final (I think?) Shopaholic today. And I am feeling major withdrawal already.

And then last night I also saw a trailer for the film and I almost cried. It is soooooooo beyond wrong! The main issue is she has red hair and in the final book she hates this woman with red hair and there is this whole red hair issue, so it just doesn’t make sense for her to have red hair.

This may take me a while to get over.

So, I had to kill a little bug today. With a magazine, which luckily LE and I haven’t tossed the magazines we are getting rid of so I didn’t have to use a good one, which reminded me of an incident when my sisters were here.

Middle sister: You have a bug in here.

Me: Where? Oh no! Get me a magazine.

Middle sister: OK.

Me: Wait, not a good one though.

Middle sister: What?! Did you say not a good one??

Me: (going to the magazines) Hmm…we can use People, not Glamour though.

Middle sister: (laughs)

I’m pretty sure she ended up getting rid of the bug without it resulting in death or the use of any magazines.

There was also an incident this weekend at my apartment laundry room. LE was trying to wash her comforter and a certain Nosy Neighbor was saying LE was going to break the machine, blah blah. So he stopped it from washing and caused us a huge ordeal. He acts like he is in charge here. Long story short, we sopped up the water with a towel which we then threw into the washer to clean and forgot about until the next day.

Well, NN then “confronted” me on this issue.

NN: Hey, sorry about yesterday. I didn’t mean to…

Me: (cutting him off) Yeah, OK, it’s fine.

NN: Oh, did you guys leave a towel in there?

Me: (realizing he might think he is better than us and doesn’t leave his towels in overnight) No.

NN: Oh, well there was a towel left in that same washer yesterday.

Me: Well it’s not ours. (beginning to walk away)

NN: OK, well I hung it on the face.

Me: (still walking away) OK, whatever.

I then had to spend the rest of the day on lookout, planning when I could go grab our towel so that NN wouldn’t see me.

All in all, I’m feeling very Shopaholic as she lies about everything just to save herself a little trouble. Plus I’m pretty sure she would understand saving the good magazines.



Oh yeah, and I just took a quick quiz on the Shopaholic website and I am a Becky Bloomwood in the making. Things I can be proud of…

No comments:

Post a Comment