Saturday, October 4, 2008

Day 45 - The Night Of Big Baby, Backwards Cap Guy, My Twin And Oh, The Lady Who Fell

Last night, in an attempt to explore Long Beach and scout out areas to find potential dates for Bride Brain’s wedding, Legal Eagle and I went out for a mild night in Long Beach after her class. It was quite an odd night.

First, Big Baby. LE and I went to a dueling pianos bar and were lucky enough to find seats. Unfortunately some major goober guys found seats near us shortly after. One, who proceeded to attempt to chat up LE (although too drunk to do so?), looked like a big baby. It took me a while to figure out what he reminded me of, but his head is giant and baby-like and when he danced it all clicked. It looked like when LE and I worked at a kiddie daycare and the kids would dance. His limbs were so little and baby-like! He was awkward the rest of the night, but gave us many things to laugh at.

Next, Backwards Cap Guy (BCG). I went to the bar at one point to get a couple of more drinks for us. BCG was hanging out there and noticed me waiting for a while for drinks, so he grabbed a bartender and ordered and paid for mine and LE’s drinks. He had a slacker surfer look to him, who doesn’t in California. He was friendly and not overly creepy or anything. However, he had major douche bag friends. Here is how I know:

LE and I arrive and end up hanging out by a group of people. We both look at them and then at each other with a look that says we think they are douche bags. I probably rolled my eyes. BCG arrived later and he knew these people. Too bad. Oh, and the best part, when he first talked to me, he opened with the line:

Hi Cutie.

Vomit, but it does show me that there just may be some potential in Long Beach. (And he slightly redeemed himself later when he said he liked this place because it was dark and he didn’t have to see the people in the crowd — note, I was in the light, so he was not referring to me).

Now! My Twin! Who knew I had one! Well, when LE and I arrived there was this wasted girl dancing with a glass of wine in hand. She soon comes over to me and LE and says:

Oh My God! When I saw you over there I thought, I didn’t know my twin was here!

She then continues:

I was looking in like a mirror image.

OK, yes, we both have bangs and maybe some similar facial characteristics. But twin? She had too much wine. Later, LE found her singing and being an overall hot mess in the bathroom. Someone needs to control my twin.

Finally, a girl fell down by the bar because she was wasted and later a girl fell down by our seats because she was wasted. Neither girl was LE or me for the record. Hot messes all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment