Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 50 - Oh Marky Mark!

I’m currently transcribing an interview with Mark Wahlberg and it is highly disappointing and disturbing.

While I wouldn’t consider myself a huge fan of his, I think he’s OK…until now.

He is super religious! (This is where my oldest sister says, “Yeah, you didn’t know that?”)

I did not. And this isn’t necessarily the problem I have with him. It’s fine for him to be and I guess I get it since he had all those issues when he was younger and whatnot. That’s how people reform, God…whatever.

But, in his interview he says that people who don’t believe in God are the ones that he’s most worried about and who need saving. Please don’t worry about me Marky Mark. I’m OK. (But feel free to give me a few bucks and maybe I’ll visit a church).

He also says that Jesus spent his time with prostitutes and tax collectors because they needed help. Maybe Jesus was just hanging with the cool kids.

Good luck explaining Boogie Nights to God, Marky Mark.

Also, he complains about being known as Marky Mark. It really makes me mad when celebrities deny where they came from.

When I was in NY, my family and I saw a taping of the Today Show with Will Smith and during a commercial break, he broke out into The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air song. It made me an instant Will Smith fan (and I didn’t even like him before that).

And Will Smith’s show was nothing to be proud of, remember those hats?



^ Not exactly cool.

So Marky Mark, you may want to forget, but we never will!



^ Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment