Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 75 - I'm Irish

Yesterday Legal Eagle and I celebrated St. Patrick's Day. We had a good time. Here is what happened:

Woke up and got ready.

Wore green.

Took bus and Metro to parade.

Got to parade, no beer being served and religious people protesting St. Patty.

We see some motorcycle guys in parade drive by and we cheer.

Get bored.

Walk around.

LE is handed a flyer from a nearby restaurant which is celebrating the day.

LE says "Let's go!"

We go and have lunch and green beer.

Lots of suits there.

Time and beer passes.

14 firefighters come in loud and rowdy, they were in the parade.

They ask us to join them.

We do, get free beer.

I do age and ring check.

Most of them are old and quite a few married.

Am seated next to one of the younger ones, but he reminds both LE and me of a loser we went to college with.

LE is fawned over by one of the marrieds.

They do some cheering stuff.

One of them tries on my big brown sunglasses.

They have baseball caps that say Irish Pride on them.

One hat is placed on my head.

Then LE gets one too.

We look really good in hats!

Pictures taken.

We are told we drink too slowly.

Everyone getting antsy and firefighters want to move on.

I try to return my hat, but the guy who I thought gave it to me, says it isn't his. I know it is.

LE returns her hat.

We tell them we are off.

I walk away with a new hat.

Me and LE: 1, 14 firefighters: 0



^ Us being all cute!



^ What if there had been a fire in LA that day?

1 comment: