Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 92 - A Personal Journey Or Just Someone Else's Journey

Saturday Legal Eagle and I went up our main street to hike and along the way back home, we were stopped by tourists who asked where the Hollywood stairs were. We told them where one was that we had found, but then complained amongst ourselves about how finding the stairs is a personal journey and they should be found, not asked about.

Yesterday LE and I were bored, so she looked up where the stairs were and found a map that would lead us to 6 of them (I believe there are 7). We decided to go on a hike and see the stairs. We also documented this and I was going to post all the pictures, but realized that posting a million pictures of us by stairs will get a little repetitive (even for someone as vain as me). So here are some highlights.


^LE enjoying set number 2 of the stairs.


^Me enjoying set number 6 of the stairs.


^It sure is a long way up!

While LE and I made a big old deal about this being a personal journey, we decided that it is more about taking someone else's personal journey that they have mapped out and walking in their shoes. So much more profound! Also, other than the original stairs we found, the rest just look like stairs leading to people's houses, so we would never have suspected because we don't trespass on other people's property.

It was a good time though of course! And it was a hell of a workout and climbing a million stairs is always harder than I think it will be.

Also, where we went hiking on Saturday was awesome and gets us sooo close to the Hollywood sign and has crazy views. I'll have to bring my camera next time and get pictures. Now I really can't wait for people to visit so I can show them how close they can see the sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment