Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 136 - Halloween 3.0

Ever since moving to California, I must admit that Legal Eagle and I have had some fun Halloweens. It has to be our best holiday out here and it's always fairly last minute and pulled together in a snap. I feel this year will be no different.

To recap: Year 1 we went to a club with LE's sister-in-law who was visiting. Danced the night away and had a million laughs.

Year 2 we went to a bar with LE's coworker and others. Low-key, karaoke, dancing and a good time.

Year 3 we will be revisiting year 2 and heading to the same place with LE's coworker and others. We had planned on staying local, but this will be lots of fun as this bar is our style and the people are always interesting. So, let's pro-con this Halloween a little. I already know pros will win, but I'm dying to make a list, so just deal.

PRO: Cheap drinks! I just know the drinks will be cheaper at this bar than where we were going to go. Face it, that's important.

CON: We have to drive to Orange County...OK, this isn't so bad because we will drive during the day and come back the next day, but alas, we have to drive.

PRO: We have somewhere to crash!

CON: I will have to wake up (hungover) at someone else's place. Not really all that bad, but I'll eventually have to haul back to my place instead of just being at my place.

PRO: Going out with a fun group of people.

PRO: Going to a bar where the people we are going with know the people who run the place. Always nice to have an automatic in and be taken care of!

CON: I'll still be in Orange County.

PRO: Orange County people are fun to watch.

PRO: I think I will be meeting one of the friends I am being set up with.

CON: I think I will be meeting one of the friends I am being set up with.

Ahh...you ask why both pro and con...time for another list!

PRO: He may be awesome for all I know.

CON: Meeting on Halloween, in costume?? Could be weird and leaves me unable to judge someone based on what they wear on a normal day.

PRO: He may have an awesome costume on and I may look totally adorable.

CON: I have to work extra hard to look totally adorable.

PRO: I may have someone there who will pay lots of attention to me.

CON: He may find someone he likes better...yeah right...

PRO: We'll be in a huge group, less pressure.

CON: If he knows we are being set up, it could be awkward and forced. If he doesn't know, I may get rejected.

PRO: Let's face it, he'll likely adore me.

CON: He lives in Orange County, possible Republican.

PRO: It's been a long time since I've been on a date.

CON: He lives in Orange County...that would be long-distance dating.

Eh, for all I know he may come down with swine flu and not make it. But I'm sure if he does you will be getting another pro-con list and lots of Halloween stories. I'm getting excited!!!

EDIT: PRO/CON: I am still currently missing a tooth. Odds are I will mention this. Either makes me totally awesome and funny or just a girl with a missing tooth. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment