Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 139 - Halloween, You've Done It Again!

Legal Eagle and I had an awesome Halloween. Possibly the best one yet. So let me start from the beginning:

LE and I had plans to go out to the OC and out with LE's coworker (who we will call Casey) and the coworker's bf (who we will call Cappie). These nicknames are from a TV show, but give me a break, I watch a lot of TV. So we went over to Casey and Cappie's place where Double B (their friend who they have been trying to set up LE with for a year now!) was also going to get together with us all.

The five of us got ready, caught up and had a drink to begin celebrating the fabulous Halloween that we were in store for. First up, we went to Cappie's dad's place where he was throwing a party. The property was incredible and decorated all out. All the family and friends were incredibly nice and welcoming. They even had the cutest little dog Buddy who I instantly bonded with, go figure.

Next stop, Casey and Cappie's friends' house party. This is where I was supposed to meet a friend they wanted to set me up with. I thought I knew (after some online research) who I was meeting, but I was wrong. And this guy was short. I hate to be mean, but I have always been upfront when they have said they want to set me up with someone that I cannot do short. Oh, and he was dressed as a mime so I have no idea what he looks like. Unfair.

But I did talk with Mime (his nickname) and he was nice, but Cappie did ask why I wasn't interested in Mime and luckily I played coy and didn't say, "Short short short short. Oh and I can't tell what he looks like!" I guess we'll see...maybe meet him again under less costume-y circumstances.

Also at the party we met Johnny Depp (his nickname as he was dressed as Depp from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas). He was a douche nozzle. First he tells Casey's sister that she is prettier than Casey, in front of Casey! And then goes on to tell Casey that she has a better face though! WTF?! Oh, and then he spent the rest of the night hitting on me and me ignoring him. LE said it was pretty funny.

Met some other really cool people at the party. Costumes included a Jesus and an old-school football player (my personal fave as he was even covered in dirt).

Finally, we made our way to Casey and Cappie's hangout where they know everyone. Continued to have an awesome time. Found some more suitors (as LE termed them) who I pretty much continued to ignore.

But, the weird part of the night came at the end and this may take a whole lot of explaining, so prepare to read.

LE asked me to close out her tab (her very cheap tab! go us!). I headed to the bar (in the other room) and waited patiently. Who of all people should come and take the stool next to me other than Mr. Kiss Me, remember him? He was the guy from many months ago who told me to kiss him. I had seen him at the house party and throughout the night, but well, pretty much ignored him too.

After I probably made a face or rolled my eyes, we did begin to talk and I was floored by what came out of his mouth!

Mr. Kiss Me: I want to apologize.

Me: Oh, OK.

MKM: I was kind of an ass to you.

Me: Yeeeahhhh.

MKM: What did I say exactly?

Me: (raised eyebrows) You don't remember?

MKM: I was in bad shape that night.

Me: You told me to kiss you.

We then had a good laugh about that because once you hear that sentence said out loud it is absolutely ridiculous. And I could see the embarrassment all over his face.

He then continued to apologize over and over, even after I said it was OK, he said he was rude and really sorry. I was impressed and while I won't say I have a crush on him or like him (that's all giving him too much credit and I still barely know him), I will say I'm intrigued by him. Great, right? No, all wrong, because the backstory on this guy is complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment