Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 155 - NY - Day 1

After getting up very early, making my flight and having a rather uneventful trip, I landed in NY!

Finding my way to the train and subway to get to my hotel was way easier than I thought. The minute I saw the city again, I realized how much I missed it.

After getting off the subway, I knew what streets I had to get to, but wasn't sure the direction, yet somehow I managed to head the right way.

It seems totally lame to say, but completely true, there is no other city like NY and, I think at this point, no other city has affected me as much as NY. Some day I want to live there. (Maybe when I'm older and can afford cabs on really cold days).

I finally got to the hotel (Hotel AKA) and it was lovely. I took some pictures and will post them later. I had a whole living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom to myself. I was in heaven. I was so in heaven that I considered ordering food in and just cozying down for the night.

But! I had made a previous plan that while I had my short time in NY, I was going to go to one new place to eat and visit one old favorite.

So, I made my way back out and had previously passed a little diner named Raffles that looked like the right place.

One of the waiters opened the front door for me. I have forgotten how heavy doors become when it's windy out! Then I sat down and decided to have a burger and fries. It was delicious and the service was wonderful. The thing about eating in NY, I don't think I've ever had bad service. One waiter even came over to help me with my ketchup.

And upon leaving, the wait staff said, "Have a good night, beautiful." Not in a creepy way. Back in NY for a few hours and being treated like a queen already!

Eventually I made it back to my hotel and found out that the call time for the movie set was pushed back to 11:00, which was great since I had trouble falling asleep that night and was hoping to have a little time in the morning to prepare myself for the interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment