Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 169 cont. - Well, That Is Interesting...

Adjusted convo between Legal Eagle and me today:

LE: Do you remember The Mime?

Me: Hmmm...Halloween? Yeah.

LE: [Double B] asked me again last night if you would be into going out with him. I said, "Remember, she likes tall guys?"

Me: (makes some sort of quizzical face.)

LE: [Double B] said The Mime was quite taken by you.

Me: Taken?!

LE: I know.

Me: Wow, it's been quite awhile since someone has been taken by me.

LE: (laughs) Well, apparently they've been talking about you.

Me: It was unfair that he was a mime and I never saw his face.

LE: So you'd be into going out with him?

Me: Sure. He was nice and I can wear flats, probably better for my feet anyway.

LE: Well, now I feel like an ass for saying you wouldn't be into him.



Remember The Mime? He was from one of this year's Halloween parties and was my next set-up from Casey and Cappie. I thought he was on the short side, but nice. I looked at my original blog and it did say that I'd be interested in seeing him again sans mime makeup. It's not like he was shorter than me, just not super tall.


Convo continued later:

LE: So you really would be interested in going out with The Mime?

Me: Yeah.

LE: Like maybe [Double B] and I could set up a double date?

Me: Oooh...not an awkward dinner double date.

LE: No! Something active...Dave and Busters! (LE has been dying to go to Dave and Busters for a date I think.)

Me: Yeah, that would be good, just not some sit-down, dinner only thing. Nothing awkward.



And then later:

LE: (laughs while texting) We're talking about you.

Me: Huh?

LE: [Double B] and I are talking about you and your new boyfriend.



Looks like the wheels are already in motion. I still need some details about how I was mentioned to Double B. Like, The Mime just recently talked about me? What was exactly said about me? Taken by what? Looks, charm, humor, drunkenness?


My only hesitation is about how we first met. It was at the Halloween party and I was a bit of a drunky drunk. Not sloppy drunk, but drunk. Soooo embarrassing. I remember talking to him and bits of the convo, but not all. Oops. I'm guessing he won't hold that against me, I hope. But maybe this means that it wasn't just taken by looks because I probably had a slight case of drunk eyes, messy hair and non-cared for makeup. Let's just hope he doesn't choose to remind me of anything embarrassing I did or said.


Well folks, I will keep you updated on if this set-up actually happens. It is quite nice to know that a guy is making an effort to go after me and showing some interest. Big points. I won't let it convince me that I'm into him, but it is allowing me to brush aside the height thing for now. And hey, I've dated same-height guys before. Maybe I'm growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment