Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 169 - The Answer Is "Yes!"

The question is, "Do I clench or grind my teeth?"

My dentist asked me this a long time ago after I cracked a tooth. I said, "Uh, I don't think so," as I had never noticed that I did.

However, over the last week or two, I am constantly noticing that I have my teeth clenched or, at the very least, I am moving them around, hitting them against each other.

This is probably bad, but I can't figure out why I do it.

It's not stress because I'm not particularly stressed at the moment or anytime when I notice it.

It may just be a habit I picked up at some point when I was really stressed.

But I'm starting to think I'm just a tense person. Even when I sit and stuff, my whole body is usually fairly tense unless I notice it and consciously adjust it.

How am I supposed to fix this? And don't say yoga, please.

As of now, I'm just trying really hard to not clench my teeth. I'll keep you updated.


Also, the internet at Panera (where I currently am) is really slooooow. But there is a guy across from me who looks like a Ken doll I once had, Prince Charles, I think. Cool.

1 comment:

  1. Not Prince Eric? Sadsters.

    As for the teeth grinding (aka bruxism), you should totes try yoga!

    Haha. Chew gum? Cigars?

    Cay (as if you didn't know)

    ReplyDelete