Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 182 cont. - An Unexpected Sunday Night

Here we go!

On Sunday, Legal Eagle's parents were flying back home. She drove them and then went to Orange County to hang out with her bf, Double B. I then walked down to the store to get something for dinner. Upon heading back up the hill, I ran into Neighbor.

After some small talk, we got to this part of the convo:

Neighbor: What are you up to tonight?

Me: Nothing much really.

Neighbor: Movie night possibly if you guys aren't busy?

Me: Well, [LE] will be in Orange County tonight, but I'll be around.

Neighbor: Cool, I'll get in touch with you later.


Cut to 8:35pm on Sunday:

Me: (in head) Oh my god! He is sooooo dead to me, officially! And obviously totally not interested in me if he has a chance to hang out alone offered up on a silver platter. I'm never hanging out with him again! I hope I see him this week and I'm barely going to acknowledge him. He's going to seriously have to beg if he ever wants to have a movie night again.


Cut to 8:47pm on Sunday:

Cell phone beeps: Hey hey! Still up for a movie tonight?

Me: (in head) Yes! Now I'm going to make him wait for a response because no one keeps me waiting!


Cut to 9:05pm on Sunday:

I head on over. More small talk and then this...

Me: How was your weekend?

Neighbor: Hmmm...weird.

Me: What was so weird about it?

Neighbor: I think me and the girl I was kind of seeing broke up.

WHAAA??!!

OK, while I didn't get the dirt on her right away, I won't make you wait. Here it is:

GF of Neighbor: 22 (he's 28), goes to school for fashion, is into Twilight (he thinks it's dumb, phew), doesn't watch scary movies, doesn't listen to his voicemails, once freaked out when he didn't put a smiley face after a text, thinks she can sense evil spirits, has been dating him for about a month-ish, broke up with him over the phone when he called about hanging out today (Monday) and she said "Let's be friends. This just isn't working" or something like that, and once told Neighbor that he could never be like Edward (Twilight).

OK, this is a lot to deal with for me. First, he doesn't seem too broken up about it, but it's not like he's going to cry in front of me. Mostly he said it was weird. He did ask me if he should do anything, like get in touch with her. I mostly stayed silent, shrugged my shoulders and said, "I don't know." Second, she's not completely out of the picture as this happened yesterday. And I'm not about to be some filler, rebound or girl he can use to win her back (not that I think that is his style). I'll have to feel this out very, very carefully.


So, moving on to the rest of the night!


I got him to spill a lot, mostly a lot about his dating life. Obviously, I won't post it all on here because that isn't fair. Some very interesting stuff. He tried to get some good stories on me, but I don't share so quickly.

But, like I said, we did talk for 6 hours. I have no idea how it happened. Here are some highlight tidbits of convo:

Me: What was she like? (referring to another former gf)

Neighbor: She was alright. She was into movies.

Me: Cool.

Neighbor: Yeah, but she wasn't like into horror movies and all the weird stuff. She wasn't cool like you.

----------------------------------------------------

Neighbor: I can't remember how you said it, but you came in all like, "I watch all the '70s and '80s horror movies." I was like, "What?!"

Me: I love '70s and '80s horror movies.

Neighbor: That just sounds so good. Say it again.

Me: (eye roll and laugh) I love '70s and '80s horror movies.

----------------------------------------------------

Neighbor: So what got you into liking horror movies?

Me: I don't know. My sisters and I were always into them. Watched them since we were little.

Neighbor: Hmmm...what was the first one you watched that got you into it?

Me: (long pause) When I was little, I remember watching some horror movie on TV with my mom and sisters while my dad was in Chicago looking for somewhere for us to move, I think. My mom let us watch this horror movie about strippers being killed. I wish I could remember the title. I can't believe my mom let her 7-year-old daughter watch a stripper murder movie. (Note: I later remembered the title was Ladykillers.)

Neighbor: Strippers, hmm...that's cool that you can remember that. We totally have to find it if it was like your first horror movie thing. That's huge.

----------------------------------------------------

Obviously, horror movies are a lot of the talk between us, but there is other stuff.

Me: I hate texting sometimes. You can't have a conversation that way and everything gets confused.

Neighbor: Yeah, and all the shorthand. It takes me forever sometimes because I write everything out correctly.

Me: With correct punctuation?

Neighbor: Of course.

Me: (in head) Swoon.

----------------------------------------------------

Neighbor: What's your biggest fear then?

Me: Hmm...I really hate spiders. I can't even touch books with pictures on them.

Neighbor: Oohh...let's watch Arachnophobia.

Me: Nooo, I won't be able to wash my hair.

Neighbor: (laugh) Yeah, but how many spiders have you seen here?

Me: No! I've had one in the shower. It was right above my head and then I had to throw shoes at it to kill it.

Neighbor: What kind of spider?

Me: Maybe it was a Daddy Long Legs?

Neighbor: Don't quote me on it, but I don't think those bite.

Me: I'm totally going to go around quoting you on that.

Neighbor: Great, I'm ruined.

TO BE CONTINUED...I need to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment