Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 202 - WTF?! Transition Lenses?!

Oh my freaking god! Neighbor apparently owns transition lenses. Kill me dead.

OK, I'll explain.

I hung out with Neighbor for about an hour yesterday afternoon. There is this place in Beachwood Canyon (our area) called The Garden of Oz. He first told me about it, but hadn't been able to find it. Finally he did and asked me yesterday if I wanted to see it. Of course I did, so I went to meet up with him at his place.

When I got there he had glasses on, to which I thought, "Aww, cute! I haven't seen him in his glasses." I knew he wore glasses because I've snooped through his bathroom.

So, then we headed out. As we walked, I eventually looked over and noticed his glasses had gotten darker. I couldn't stare, so I thought maybe it was just my imagination. Also, I had sunglasses on so maybe it had darkened everything. But no, the glasses continued to get darker until they were "sunglasses."

The first thing I thought was, "Transition lenses? Seriously?" The second thing was, "My sisters are going to die when I tell them."

The thing is, I so far have no complaints about his sense of style and dress, which is why this horrible choice in glasses/sunglasses is so confusing. Usually he wears perfectly acceptable sunglasses for men. Sure, I guess they are practical, but just sooooo silly.

Well, you can't win them all apparently. I held back asking about/making fun of them. But I'm sure if we continue to hang out, the topic will come up. And yes, sisters of mine, you can begin to hassle me over this. Let the jokes begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment