Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 218 - Stuff Your Sorries In A Sack

OK, here is what is up:

I had lunch plans with Neighbor yesterday.

1:00 rolled around (and as he had said he would call or text me before lunch) I decided to shoot him a text to confirm that we were still on.

2:45 rolled around and still no response so I texted:

"I guess we're not doing lunch."


3:20 rolled around and finally a response! He says something about how we will grab something to eat, just not lunch. Maybe something later? Or even next week?

I write back, because I want answers, asking if he was even going to bother telling me that he was canceling lunch.

He writes back that of course he was going to tell me, "have some confidence," but that he just woke up 45 minutes ago (that makes it 3:00, making it also 1 hour after the latest we were going to lunch).

I write back that I assumed I'd hear earlier considering he said we'd go out at 1 or 2.

Then he calls.

I actually missed his call because I went to the bathroom, but I did call back.

We talk. Well, mostly he talks and I give one word answers. He says how sorry he is, but that I shouldn't worry about it. He also asked if he could make it up to me or bring me dinner. I said I had plans with Legal Eagle for dinner. (I then hoped she would be around for dinner.)

I said various things such as, "I'm pissed off at you" and "Don't get sarcastic with me."

Mostly, I tried to explain to him that it wasn't him canceling on me that was wrong. I get it if you have to work or something. I'm mad because he didn't even make an effort to let me know. It was completely inconsiderate of my time and schedule. It showed me how he felt I could be treated and, whether he thinks it or not, he blew me off without a second thought.

He then asked for a date on Thursday. I said I didn't know if I wanted to go out. And to be completely honest, I'm not sure I do. I don't want to be treated this way and if I can't rely on him to do what he says he will for a simple lunch date, what can I rely on him for?

The conversation ended with that. He then called again later yesterday night and apologized some more, saying he had thought about it and realized how he probably made me feel, blah blah.

Sure, it's nice to hear "Sorry," but it doesn't change what he did or whether he'll do it again. So, I don't know. I'm sure I'll whine some more on here about this later, but I have work to do. It is Monday.

Oh, and in more inconsiderate guy news, Gelson texted me to see what was up last night...at 10:45pm. I had just gone to bed. For all he knows I'm a teacher or something and wake up super early. Plus, we barely know each other, so he has no place in texting me after 9 or 10 the latest!

I haven't responded, but will later today.

On the upside, I am getting a good opportunity to teach guys how to treat me by not letting them get away with whatever they want. Kudos to me? Why not...

No comments:

Post a Comment