Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 233 - But Then What Would I Do Every Day?

I'm considering giving up TV for a bit.

Say what?!

Yes, maybe just for a week. No, it's not some "TV is bad for me" thing. I just find myself thinking a lot about how other people get so much done and I cannot manage. And then I realize that they don't watch 8-10 hours of TV a day (minimum). Oops.

I'm just mulling this thought over for now. It also came up because last Friday (as Legal Eagle had the day off and I wanted to finish work early), I worked with no TV and got things done super quickly.

As of now, I'm thinking a week. But every now and then, I think maybe I should try a month or even more!

I guess if I decide to do it, I'll have to make sure I have stuff to replace it. Books, writing, working out, cooking, drinking(!), dating(?), wandering around the apartment feeling like a lost little child.

Also, I have a roommate to take into consideration. If she's watching TV, do I banish myself to my room? Also, I have a feeling that if I stopped watching TV, I'd just spend more time online reading about what I missed.

Who knows, but I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment