Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 241 - OK, A Run-Down On All Things Me!

I know, it's been quite some time since I've told you what's been going on. So buckle up, here we go!

Work: I just got back from an interview. The guy seemed like a dick. (Cue him being a technical genius and finding this blog.) He was all, "The other people in this building are losers," and "I hate weekends," and "I want someone who works for Fox News and will work here for $9 an hour." Seriously...he wants a Republican? The interview was for a newer entertainment site. It's hard enough going on interviews, let alone one where you want to stand up, tell the guy to stuff it and walk out. At least I'm not in financial distress and NEED to take the job.

Neighbor: We talked on the phone yesterday and I stopped by his place. We are horrible communicators...at least with each other. He likes to talk, talk, talk, whereas when he says something like, "I don't want to get into anything," and follows it with, "I want to take you to a movie," I need time to soak it in and think. Basically, we didn't resolve much, but I did conclude that I'm going to go about my life. If he wants to ever hang out, I will only do so as friends. He isn't offering any sort of consistent dating and I don't want to be someone he takes out once a month. Oddly, I think I'm becoming OK with this. I did always think we could be really good friends. He's never answered if he just wants to be friends or date or go out randomly or anything. I guess we'll see.

Legal Eagle: Did I tell you last week we went on a manhunt? This is her new thing because she really wants to be a wingwoman. So, we went to this Irish bar and had so much fun. While we didn't meet any potential suitors for me, we chatted with many guys and one told me I was adorable after he kissed my hand. He later passed out on a bar stool. So sweet. But, we're going to do this much more often...in fact, we are going out in Orange County tomorrow night with a coworker of hers. Not a "real" manhunt as it would be nearly impossible for me to date a guy in the OC, but always fun!

Upcoming Goodness: Did I ever tell you what I got LE for her birthday? No? Oh, well, I am going to take her on an overnight trip to Solvang, California. It's a little town 2 hours north of LA. It'll be July 10-11. The hotel was not expensive at all and we are champs at eating cheap, so it'll be a good little adventure. They have an ostrich farm nearby. Yes!

Other Randomness: I'm going to check out tennis racquets this weekend. I got Sprinkles cupcakes for LE and me as I interviewed near the shop. I found a duvet cover in gray that I want, but it's $100! I love Pandora...it's radio station thing, but you choose a song or artist and it creates a station with similar stuff. It helps me find all the bad songs I love.

I'm sure there is other stuff, but I have work to do.

Oh, the baby next door has a rash. I heard about it through the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment