Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 245 - I Don't Know What I Was So Worried About

4th of July was fabulous!

OK, here is a run-down of the day:

Left from Hollywood to Huntington Beach mid-morning on the 4th.

Prepared for the day, helped LE make American flag veggie tray, checked out awesome bike I got to borrow (with basket and cupholder), had a beer.

Biked down to Huntington Beach...well, closer to the beach. Thought I was going to die. It was not a short bike ride. My legs are still sore today. But we survived.

Oh, my outfit...sorry, I don't really have any pictures. But, I wore layered tanks, shorts and my black straw fedora! The hat was a hit. And I carried this red, long strap purse that my middle sister brought me from Nicaragua, I think. It's awesome and I looked totally hipster.

OK, so back to the party. I had met some of the people before, so that was nice. Everyone was, as usual, very friendly.

Just as the burgers get done cooking, LE and I are forced to go on a short bike ride to the actual beach. I cried internally.

A group of us ride down to the beach, lock up our bikes and head to a bar...mostly because the girls have to use the bathroom.

Have a beer at the bar and go through the "Who should we set Molly up with," game. Then explain the Neighbor situation as "We're friendly."

Head back to the apartment. Eat, drink, yadda yadda.

Eventually walk down to the beach for the fireworks! Park it in the sand, borrow another person's blanket and watch the fireworks. Perfect!

Head back to the apartment and eventually to the main road to grab a cab.

Jump in cab that Double B grabs and sit in lots of traffic with an insane driver. Make it home.

BEST PART:

The best part, for me, was that the apartment we were at was throwing water balloons back and forth with the house across the road (and at people passing through). I got way into this and at one point totally nailed a guy with a balloon who was passing by on his bike. He then came over and high-fived me and said that no one was able to hit him all day. I actually had quite good aim and was able to get a few people and always blamed it on all of the guys at our party. I then also told the story of how my mom once hit a kid on a bike with a rock when she was little. See, it runs in the family.

All in all, a very mellow, easy-going, beachy 4th! So happy I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment