Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 246 - Now THIS Is Blogworthy

OK, here is what I did last night:

Worked out with Legal Eagle, ate dinner, watched Top Chef DC, got a call from Gelson, went to bed.

Say what?! Yes, I worked out. Oh, the call. Yeah.

Gelson, for those who do not remember, was a guy who picked me up at the grocery store. We then went on a coffee date to which he never asked for a second date until...we ran into each other and he said that he was going to call. Then he texted later that week and was like, "I'm busy, but let's do something this next weekend." All in all, not impressed, so I never responded.

So, LE and I were in her room watching TV when he called. We both freaked and I let it go to voicemail. No way a phone-phobe like me can handle a weirdo conversation like that.

I would transcribe the voicemail for you, but it was the longest voicemail I have ever received (and LE is known for her long voicemails).

______________________________________________________________

Here are the main points:

Hey Molly, we haven't talked in awhile. (No shit.)

I've actually seen you around the neighborhood. (WTF?! When? And why are you admitting this??)

I've been out of town for a couple weeks. (We haven't talked for a couple months.)

I still want to go to the planetarium. (Then go, don't let me stop you.)

Talk to you soon, Mol. (Ew, name shorten so soon?)

______________________________________________________________

Honestly, we haven't talked since some time before LE's birthday which makes it close to two months I'm guessing.

And the seeing me thing? Thing is, I've taken special paths and kept my eyes open and anticipated seeing him in hopes of being prepared to avoid it. So how is he seeing me and I haven't seen him once?

But really, the best part of this is trying to figure out what possessed him to call, so here are my thoughts:

- He is bored and hasn't had any lady prospects since me.

- He saw me recently and I was looking particularly foxy.

- He's seen me walking alone and thinks maybe I'm bored and he would have a chance to get me to go back to his place this time around.

- He was going through his phone and stumbled upon my number, previously forgetting that I existed.

- He had been drinking.


Well, needless to say it made for an awesome, random moment. But now I have to take even more out-of-the-way paths to avoid him because I'm not going to respond. Oh boys, when will you learn, a girl likes to hear from you at least once a month. Think you can manage?

Moving on, going to Solvang this weekend as my birthday gift to LE! So excited, no time to deal with all this silly boy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment