Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 255 - Best First Date!

I went out with the Brit! The date lasted almost 8 hours. It was so much fun.

Recap:

We met at a pub in our area to have some beer and play darts.

He's got the cutest, most genuine smile.

There was definitely some awkward first date stuff, in fact, I think he was maybe a little nervous, which is really nice.

I told him a bit about what I do and then I accidentally found out he recently got laid off. Ouch. I didn't ask any more about it or work because I don't think that's probably something he wants to talk about on a first date. It doesn't bother me because hey, I haven't had the best career going for me at all times, but I hope he doesn't think it bothers me.

We then played darts, sat and talked, played darts, sat and talked, met some good dart players, learned a new dart game, played, talked, went and grabbed pizza, and then he walked me home.

So what have I learned about him? He went to school at Elon (a school I looked at once) for two years and then transferred to NC Chapel Hill, born in Buffalo then went to school for two years in Saudi Arabia (yes, weird) then lived in Ohio, lives with 4 (!) other people (in a house, but no idea if he has his own room, surely...), has played just about every sport (soccer, volleyball, surfing, basketball, track, and even can play tennis a bit!), has been to Italy, France, England, Australia and maybe more (can't remember), has siblings and at least one nephew (who he helped teach basketball to), is competitive (!), has had girlfriends (I know, random, but it's always good to know that someone has dated, it's a weird thing of mine), voted for Obama (phew), has a dad who is a chemist, blah blah blah.

He paid for everything, except my first drink because I got there first even though we were both late.

He had driven down, but had parked his car safely and offered to walk me home. And yes, we made out a bit in front of my door like we were in high school or something. Thank god for neighbors who don't go out past 11pm.

Oh! And he was a total gentleman, didn't ask to come in and never asked me to come over.

Then after he left he sent me a text that said he had such a great time with me, etc. Geeze, I'm in for it now.

Basically it was really great and he made me laugh and I'm excited to see him again.


Then today:

I ran into Neighbor. It was...weird? Well, he was out talking with one of our neighbors so I was kind of interrupting in a way. The convo was short and there really wasn't much to say. He said he was going to tell me more about his 19-year-old stalker sometime, which made me realize just how inconsiderate he's been lately. He said he wanted to grab a drink sometime, not this week, but next week. I didn't have much to say to him. Maybe we'll be friends? I don't know.


So much that I left out about the Brit, but come on, I can't write a novel on here. I'm sure there will be more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment