Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 262 - Because I Promised To Write

I'm tired and I have to make my bed because I washed my bedding today. But I did say I would write and I will.

So tonight, we shall discuss the Brit! (Since we hung out last night.)

First, I hate calling him the Brit and would love to use his name on here, but I don't do that.

OK, but onto our dating.

I cooked him dinner last night. Yes. I did. Somehow he reverse psychologied me and I ended up making him pot stickers and chow mein.

Because my place was a mess and I needed to shower, he ended up getting there as I was still cooking. So he got to see that I'm pretty much a mess in the kitchen. But it was cute and he helped to save the pot stickers as I couldn't remember how to cook them. The chow mein, in my opinion, was much better and the first time I've ever made it. He loved dinner. Seriously.

Actually, he seems to love everything. He gets really excited about a lot of things, so I sometimes question how genuine it is, but I think that's just him.

We ate and had white wine. Luckily, he drinks white wine also so there's no need to have red and white. After eating, he did some of the dishes (some had to soak). I didn't even ask or have to point anything out, he just went at the dishes. I watched because that's pretty much the best thing ever.

Then we watched Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. He brought over like 15 DVDs for me to choose from. He always talks through movies which is kind of great because then I know he won't get pissy if I do. But we do often have to rewind.

So, what else have I learned about him?

- I think his dad is no longer living. He mentioned, but in a mumble, that his dad would be/is rolling in his grave. I didn't ask because I couldn't form the sentence in my head in a way that didn't sound totally insensitive. But now that I think about it, he mentions only his mom often as far as recent stuff. That's sad.

- He may be getting a job! I think he's finding out tomorrow about this job that would be perfect for where he wants to go career-wise, and I think he said he should be getting it, he just needs to find out if it's full-time or not. I was so excited for him. And the job may even help him with his music stuff. I don't mind unemployment, but employment just makes everything better.

- He doesn't want to be famous. I hate LA because everyone is trying to make it in a famous way. Obviously, he wants to be successful, but he said he'd rather do songwriting/behind the scenes stuff so he could walk down the street and never have to worry. That's a relief. He also said it's because he doesn't like strangers. I don't either.

- A radio station asked him to send them his song, a week or so ago, and he hasn't! He sent me a song to listen to and I guess some station had heard some of it and wanted to check it out. I told him to send it. He hasn't because he wants to work on it. I told him to just do it because it's never actually going to be ready. But now it may be on hold because of this other job and the fact that they might help with it.

- His brother designs cars and he isn't exactly sure what his sister does, pharmaceutical something.

- He's been in two long-term relationships lately. I'm not sure when the last one ended, but he alluded to two over 3-year relationships. I'm not sure how to interpret this.

- He couldn't remember Barbar's name so as I gave him hints, he called him Bam Bam. Barbar was not pleased.

- He has played gigs in LA. He took off over half a year some time ago and just played, but then had to get back into a regular job. Apparently gigs take up time and aren't just "Oh, go to the gig for a few hours," like I thought.

- He asks me a lot about work. This is a plus.

- He's very sweet. Like "hand holding, forehead kissing, tucks your hair behind your ear" sweet. It's not bad, I'm just not used to it at all. It's a nice change, but luckily it isn't all the time.

- He thinks I'm funny. Well, I am. And he thinks I'm a good cook. I've tricked him.

- He's going to shave his scruff tomorrow.

- He's pretty patient. I got distracted a lot last night as I was cooking and he was asking me questions that he ended up having to repeat them about 5 times each. And then when I ask him about his music, he doesn't mind explaining the explanation of the explanation.

- His birthday is December 15th.


So, we're really getting along and I'm not even worrying about whether or not he likes me. I might invite him to an improv show I've been wanting to check out this week. After two movie dates, I think we need to try out something new. And the show is only $5.

OK, next post: Neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment