Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 262 cont. - The Day Neighbor And I Finally Hung Out

Sooooo...Neighbor and I finally got together. I went over to his place Thursday night to see his kitten and catch up. We ended up hanging out from 10:00pm-1:30am. Yikes!

But, onto things.

We did a brief catch up when I got there and I played with the kitten. And then he began talking about his 19-year-old "stalker."

They've kind of, sort of dated. But not really. I'm not sure I get it even now. But he said they've hung out like all the time. He claims its because she just drops by and that it's weird when she does because she barely talks to him and nothing physical goes on, although they have made out early on in their "relationship." But he did call her cute and I'll admit, when he first said all this, it stung. But in a "you're an ass" way, not a "why not me?" way.

So he told me all about her and she either has a mental imbalance or is a pathological liar. She's screwed up in some way. And I think he thinks he can help or save her in some way. And I think he likes the drama. Every girl he's stuck around for has been drama.

He claims he wants to get her out of the picture, but he isn't exactly doing what he should to make that happen. Note: he leaves his door unlocked and sometimes she'll just go in even when he isn't home. Something about this is fucked up.

Also, she called him when we were hanging out. He didn't get it on time the first time she called, but then she definitely called back five seconds later. We agreed he would answer and, of course, he told her we were hanging out. Apparently she said, "Oh, OK." So I told him to not tell her where I live.

Moving on, he asked me about work and then asked if I was seeing anyone. I mentioned the Brit.

He then asked a bunch of questions about him. Name, job, where he lives, etc. I won't deny that it felt pretty great telling him about the Brit and how normal and good everything was. He teased me a bit -- a lot -- about him.

It was interesting talking to him about another guy. It was a different kind of conversation than I would have to Legal Eagle or one of my sisters. I don't know how to describe it.

But we caught up a lot and then I headed home. We hugged when I left and agreed to get together soon.

I don't know how he feels about things. I spent a lot of the time trying to figure out why I was so gaga over him. But he brought up dating someone else first, so I assume a guy who likes you wouldn't do that. I hope that he just wants to be friends because that's where I'm at and I think we could be great friends. Plus, I've never had a close guy friend. And maybe I can help him stay away from nutter butter girls.

I'll keep you updated as I try to figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment