Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 267 - Something's Cooking In The Kitchen

I had an impromptu dinner and movie date with The Brit last night.

After some texting during the late afternoon, we decided to go grab a movie at Blockbuster and cook dinner together at my place. It was disgustingly cute.

The Brit had caught part of Top Chef last time he was at my place and had been itching to cook since then. He doesn't cook much. But at least he's really interested in cooking, which I think is more important (in order for me to train him into cooking for me all the time).

We went to Trader Joe's. He likes to make me go there because I've told him how much I hate it and he absolutely adores it.

We got this orange chicken thing that is so good (although frozen). We made stir fry with it, per my suggestion.

While at the store, we ran into one of his friends who I have met before and think seems like the nicest guy, very mellow, polite and low-key. But, it was one of those moments that makes you feel very date-y/relationship-y.

So, moving on. We went home and cooked. I asked him to chop the veggies because onions make me cry. However, he apparently does not really have a method for chopping veggies. I just about died watching because it took forever. I offered a few tips and it eventually all got chopped. At least he did know how to cook them.

The dinner ended up really great. It was a lot of fun and a nice, cheap date. He got the movie and I bought dinner. I'm still trying to figure out how to offer to pay for things (since I'm so used to mooching), but I think I handled it well last night since I knew dinner stuff would cost a little more.

Oh, and he's not religious, phew. It just came up last night and we feel the same way about religion for the most part.

Oh, and when his mom visits, he takes her to a salon in Beverly Hills to get her nails done.

OK, I actually have some work I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment