Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 265 - I Love My Bed

OK, here are pics of my bed!


^Voila! Check it out.


^Close up of the bedding.


^Barbar insisted I take another picture.


OK, now let's talk bedding. This is probably one of the first times I have purchased something, looked high and low at what I liked and taken my time with the overall project.

First, let's talk sheets. Mine are much softer than I thought they would be considering they are from the teen section. I looked for close to a year for my dream sheets and then had to save the money since these cost more than I had when I found them. But now I am considering buying the blue version as well just to be able to switch it up and since I love the print so much.

Second, comforter. I have a down alternative and wouldn't want it any other way. Some people prefer down comforters, but I find they don't have the heaviness that down alternatives have and I love. Also, they don't get lumpy like I have seen down comforters get at times. Oh, and I paid less than $50 for mine. And get black. It just makes sense, no?

Third, duvet cover. I LOVE mine. The gray is perfect, really perfect. And it's so soft. It was, of course, more than I have paid for bedding, but this was a birthday gift. So if you can, redo your bed around your birthday. Oh, and the buttons for the duvet cover and done so that you don't see them. Know what I mean? It always bothered me with my old one.

Fourth, pillows. Here is where I messed up a little. One set of pillows (covered in pink) are perfect for me. Soft enough, but not mush or flat. The other set is way tough. I got "plush pillows" and they look great when on my bed, but they are too hard. I either partially sleep on them or move them out of the way. They may or may not soften up over time, but I can deal for now. But as far as appearance, they look good at least.

Fifth, extra bedding supplies. I have a memory foam thing and I think these things are essential. However, egg crates are better and I'm considering upgrading. I had one in college and it was heaven. These things help if you didn't pay a ton for an awesome mattress. However, they do cost a little, but I swear by them.

OK, so that's all. Hope you are jealous of my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment