Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 14 - I Live In Crimesville

The oddest and freakiest thing happened yesterday morning.

Legal Eagle and I were leaving to return a movie and grocery shop when we ran into a neighbor who told us that we had to stay in our unit because there was an accomplice somewhere and 6 cop cars outside not letting us out.

But our movie was due back that day at noon or else we would have to buy it!!! (It was Jumper, which was pretty good for an action movie, but not one that I would want to buy).

So while we were thoroughly confused by this, we got in the car to try to leave and investigate. We then saw a handful of cop cars blocking our street exits and cops in helmets scattered on our block.

We found out it had something to do with a gun and were asked if we heard gunshots - we hadn’t. And then as we asked to leave, the cop asked if we were headed to church. It was hard not to laugh at this question.

But we made it out and spent the day doing other things and returned to any empty complex. Situation was taken care of and no one had been hurt. Just a gun spotted on some people walking around the building I believe.

But, this is sooo not out of WILAY. Holly and Val would never have dealt with this. Except when Gary pretended that there was a creeper in the area where Tina lives, so what he could move into her huge loft to protect her.



^ Gary explaining about the robber/creeper.

Oh, but in one episode Holly does get her purse stolen and the guy has a gun I think. But I can’t find a picture of it.

LE and I survived though, but are taking this as a major sign that we need to move. Time to get even more serious than as serious as I was.

T-minus 5ish days until my oldest sister is here! And then just another 5 days until my middle sister and Martini (the best dog in the whole world) get here! Looks to be a crazy few weeks out here in Crimesville.

No comments:

Post a Comment