Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 22 - Another Year Wiser??

I am one day away from my 24th birthday and as I was sitting eating my bagel with goat cheese (a gift from my parents, yes, I got goat cheese for my birthday) I thought that this year I just may feel a bit wiser, as they say you should.

But just because I am wiser this year, doesn’t mean I won’t continue to do things like get my shoe stuck in cake.



^ Very good episode and unusual because they are outside for most of it.

But back to what I have become wiser about:

- While public transportation is great, sometimes you just must break down and call a cab.

- It is possible to truly love a piece of clothing, a bag or a pair of shoes (especially when they are birthday gifts).



^ Like when Holly loved her cashmere sweater.

- Bread should be eaten rustic style.

- People come as advertised (as Greg Behrendt told us). This is not only wise, but applies to The Doc, who I had a convo with that went something like this:

A couple days ago:

Doc: What are you up to tonight?

Me: Sisters are in town.

Doc: Oh, just wanted to see if you wanted to go out tonight.

Me: Can’t, but maybe Monday or Tuesday?

Doc: Should work next week. Maybe Sunday, we’ll talk then.

(first, Sunday wasn’t an option as my sisters were still in town).

Then last night:

Doc: What’re you up to tonight? Wanna get together? Happy early birthday by the way.

Me: Thanks, can’t tonight and going out of town soon.

(side note: I really was busy last night as I was helping Legal Eagle at work because her boss needs some things organized and we didn’t get home until close to 9 and he hadn’t booked me for Tuesday whatsoever).

Doc: Oh, thought we were getting together tonight.

Me: Didn’t know you were gonna be free. I’ll be back on the 5th.

Doc: OK, we should get together soon.

And now I have come to realize that he is completely as advertised and will probably never make a plan in advance when it comes to me. And as LE asked:

If you were really into him, you would be going out, wouldn’t you?

And I would have. So, sorry Doc, I’m just don't know if I'm that into you or into going out at the last minute. (Plus the boys in Long Beach are oh-so-cute, but that isn’t the only reason I want to move there).



^ When Holly went to Florida for Vince, now that is being into someone.

OK, back to things I am wiser about:

- Vegas is fun, but you can only survive there for a couple of days.

- I now know when there is something I really want, like a job. As I just got yet another rejection, I’ve come to realize that almost all of these places I have applied to are not places I see myself working. So now it’s a matter of finding a place I see myself. Oh yeah, and that whole timing thing.

- Don’t try to light your gas stove with newspaper that you light on fire. Don’t worry, there were no injuries whatsoever.

- Cats shouldn’t eat string.

- I’m really quite funny, like, I can make myself laugh just about all the time.

OK, so that’s a pretty rough, but accurate list. Plus I don’t feel like writing much more and I have a million things to do before going off to Galveston for a few.

Happy Birthday to me! Sorry, the blog will be temporarily stalled during my trip, but I will report back with all the fun and adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment