Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day 43 - Attack Of The Bride Brain

OK, the wedding stuff is now out of control.

We got a response to all of our questions from Bride Brain and it was mighty long.

First, she told us she is going to get us a bigger size than what is measured so that we can just get it altered, to which Legal Eagle said:

Why not just buy us what size we measured and then we don’t have to pay for alterations?

LE and me: 1 BB: 0

The dresses, we were informed after we made sure to ask, will cost about $160. Ouch. And we were naive enough to think she was treating since she is ordering and wouldn’t let us get them out here. Oh, and since I’m tall, I get to pay extra for extra length.

LE and me: 1 BB: 1

And we were informed that the shoes will be 1 or 2 inches, no more. I have two pairs of small heeled shoes and only because they are awesome. And I know they are going to be those cliched bridal party shoes. If this is the case, can’t we just wear flip-flops?

LE and me:1 BB:2

Now, the rehearsal is on a Friday, wedding on Saturday, brunch and gift opening on Sunday. We plan on having to fly back on Sunday (although we might stick around and nurse our hangovers, order room service and laugh about all the awkward moments from the previous night), but BB won’t know and we are NOT going to a gift opening.

LE and me: 2 BB:2

She caught on to the boyfriend thing LE mentioned and has now asked about them. As Gary from WILAY would say, “Oh my damn.” But LE is very focused and going to take this on full steam ahead, so looks like I am on board.

This is a toss up as it could go well and we could get boyfriends, or horribly and get lost in our lies.

LE and me: 2 BB:2

She told us we might want to look at staying at the hotel that her and her hubby-to-be will stay the night of the wedding…ew!

LE and me: 2 BB:2 my mind:forever tortured



^Bride Brain

So LE had a brilliant idea that tonight, after working out, we will eat, crack open a bottle of wine and reply with all the news about our boyfriends. Again, “Oh my damn.”

Oh, but here is an awesome conversation LE and I had about our “boyfriends.”

LE: You’re gonna be like, “Oh, this is Juniper.”

Me: Juniper? Why would my fake boyfriend be named Juniper?

LE: You’ll be Molly and Juniper.

Me: (beginning to laugh).

LE: Mine will be like, “Babe I can’t find my name for seating.” And I’ll be like, “It’s under JoJo. You’re sitting next to Juniper.”

Me: JoJo? (more laughing)

LE: Yeah, JoJo and Juniper.

Me: They sound like a partnership of some sort.

LE: Hmm…let’s just hope they’re not that type of partnership.

Now I really can’t wait to meet JoJo and Juniper!

No comments:

Post a Comment