Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 192 - Life Update

I have tons of work to do this week and other stuff going on, but I want to take some time to catch up because lots has been going on. I've missed you, blog.

Middle sister came to visit last week. It was nice to have family out here. Mostly we wandered around Hollywood, ate, drank and caught up on randomness. The weather was perfect. All in all, a good time and many silly laughs.

Work has been work. I need to catch up on some stuff so I can start spending more time on things that I want to write.

And on to Neighbor stuff...really my life is pretty much the same other than these developments.

Yes, he did make a move. And yes, he responded to my email invite to a comedy show on Saturday night. He told me he might have to do some work on this movie trailer depending on how some meeting went. He ended up having to work, but we met up after the comedy show.

Things are fun with him. It's hard recapping every night we hang out, so I'm just going to type out random things and convos from the last two Saturdays.

-------------------------------------------------------

Neighbor rented Harold & Maude last Saturday. Very thoughtful as I had told him about it the previous weekend.

-------------------------------------------------------

Remember how I said I hate when people ask me what it is exactly I want to do? Well, he asked me again, but this time with the kind of response I want.

Neighbor: So, what kind of stuff do you want to do, sort of long-term?

Me: (heavy sigh) Well, it's hard to explain. I know what I want to do, but I don't know how I'd classify it. Not hard journalism, but not this entertainment stuff.

Neighbor: I understand. It's kind of like someone asking me what I want to do. (Note: I've asked this before.)

-------------------------------------------------------

So, after he made a move I felt the need to clarify with him that I wasn't just going to be some neighbor he could randomly see and make out with. Then this Saturday I felt the need to mention this again as he had not asked me on a date. Here's how that went:

Me: I know we already talked about this, but I'm not some hook up or just hang out whenever girl.

Neighbor: I know, I understand. And I'm not that kind of guy.

Me: OK, well, (long pause) I just really want you to ask me on a date.

Neighbor: What? Oh, yeah?

Me: Yeah. Just hanging out at night at your place is fun and all, but I'd like to hang out outside your apartment.

Neighbor: I guess the last people I've dated we didn't really do the asking out thing.

Me: Well, I'd like to. I've been waiting all week.

Neighbor: Maybe I was just waiting to ask.

Me: How long were you going to wait??

Neighbor: OK, we'll go on a date. Done.

-------------------------------------------------------

Then before I left, he thought out loud about our future date (No, he hasn't asked me, yet. What's with that??), but here is what he said. Note: I think he was really tired because it's pretty random.

Neighbor: We'll do something French. I'll take you to the aquarium or an art museum. Yeah, we'll go to a gallery show. Or we'll go to the Bat Caves (a thing in our neighborhood where the original Batman cave was shot). No, that's not very date-y.

Me: What?

Neighbor: It'll be something good.

Note: I don't think there is an aquarium in L.A., just in Long Beach.

-------------------------------------------------------

At some point we ate Cracker Jacks:

Me: Oooh, the prize! Don't look. Do you have a pencil? (The prize was this piece of paper with part of a pencil drawn on it and two people climbing up it, making it look like they were climbing your pencil.)

Neighbor: Will a pen work?

Me: Uh, sure, but it won't be nearly as good....OK, check it out!

Neighbor: Ahh, if I were 8 again I would totally think this rocked. Although, the color of the pencil is kind of off.

Me: Yeah, let's open the other box and see what the prize is! (There were two boxes)

Neighbor: Why don't we wait to see if we eat all of these first?

Note: We ate them all and then got to the second box. The prize was a picture of Alexander Hamilton from a young guy to an old guy. Neighbor made me guess who it was; I never got it right.

-------------------------------------------------------

He showed me the movie trailer he's working on:

Me: So, what did you do with it? What part of it?

Neighbor: What do you mean?

Me: Well, like, you know...what stuff...well...I don't really understand what it is you do.

He explained what he did and apparently he created the whole movie trailer. He watched the movie and made a trailer. So weird. But it was awesome. It was like a real trailer!

-------------------------------------------------------

We have a lot of fun together, and I'm way comfortable with him. Things are moving forward which I'm happy about. He did touch on the "neighbor" thing, but we didn't really get into the good and bad about it. I think it might be something we should talk about at some point, but I don't know.

Also, while I'll keep his name private on here, I think it's time I start referring to him by name when I talk to others. Seriously.

I'll write some more later, but I really do have to continue doing some work. My life is totally thrilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment