Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 225 - Thank God I Have Stuff To Do

I'm upset with Neighbor. Is this anything new? Yeesh.

Here's the short story. He sent me a text Wednesday night. We went back and forth and I eventually asked what he was doing the next night (Thursday). He said he was hanging out with a friend earlier in the night, but maybe we could watch a late movie. I said we could see, but that I didn't want to interrupt his plans with his friend.

Skip to Thursday night. Neighbor sends me a text (around 10, maybe) and asks how my night is. I reply and ask about his. He says his friend got sick so he's just been hanging out at home watching some movie. He asks what I'm doing and I reply.

Now I feel a little insane, but why did he not ask me to hang out when he found out his friend was sick? And if he wanted a night to himself, which I totally respect that need, why did he tell me he was up to nothing or even bother texting me? He hasn't even made any attempt to spend any time with me. Hasn't asked what I'm up to this weekend. Nothing.

I assume he'll get in touch with me today or this weekend and he'll be getting one-word responses. (NOTE: When Legal Eagle and I are mad at boys we respond to everything in one or just a few more words. It's our favorite thing to do and it gets the point across. It's interesting to see how quickly they catch on.) But if he is interested in me, he has the worst way of showing it. Or rather no way of showing it.

SIDE NOTE: Earlier this week, I made a promise to myself that I would not be initiating any contact with him because I want him to do some of the work. It has worked, although he hasn't tried to make any date, so that hasn't worked.

So, I will continue to not text or call first. Luckily, I'll be very busy this weekend getting the rest of my outfit for LE's '80s birthday party, decorations and planning the awesome birthday cake/cakes I am in charge of. And some other boring chores/work.

GELSON UPDATE: He sent me a text yesterday. Said he was all busy this week and maybe we could go out Sunday night. Puh-lease. As LE said when I told her the exact text: I hate it when guys try to make it seem like you are an inconvenience in their busy schedules. Because it takes so long to send a text?

OK, we will catch up more later bloggity blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment