Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 259 - I Should Be Working

But, first I want to tell you about my date with the Brit.

When it first ended I was sooooo bummed, but then after heading home and discussing the reasons I was bummed with Legal Eagle, she was able to talk me out of my insanity and helped me realize that all the reasons I was bummed weren't really problems.

I'll just quickly list the problems:

-The date was short, well, a couple of hours. We just went hiking and then hung out on a park bench and talked. That was really all that was planned, but I had thought how nice it would have been if we grabbed dinner or something. I can't hold this against him since he can't read my mind yet.

-He didn't make out with me in public. We went our separate ways on a busy street where people were definitely out watering their gardens and playing with children, so I suppose it could have been a little inappropriate.

-He didn't set the next date. LE told me how this drove her crazy about Double B, but isn't anything to be bothered over.

-He's considering heading home (out-of-state) for a bit before this other job that he might be able to line up would start in mid-Sept. At home, he has a friend with a bar that he could play at and another bar that would offer him a couple of nights. He wouldn't permanently be gone. And I'm not sure how seriously he's considering it, but he mentioned it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of this is nothing. We did talk more about jobs though.

He's still looking and I think it's bothering him a lot. I told him about a lot of the job stuff I've been through, so at least I think he knows that I get it.

But I also think it's a tricky situation because dating while you're not job-happy can be difficult. We'll see.



So, after the date he texted me just a "had fun, blah blah" thing. I felt better about everything after that. We texted for a bit and he emailed me this horrible music video he had told me about that one of his roommates edited. (The editing wasn't bad, everything else was.)

Side note: I was able to use his email address to find him on Facebook and figure out his last name! It's a perfectly acceptable last name. Unfortunately his picture is not of him so I can't send the page to my sisters to see him. And no, I can't and don't want to add him yet. But, his page is hyper-private (like I keep mine) so that's good.

Then this morning I saw an email that was sent after I went to bed that was about something we were joking about but he also attached something he had written and sung. And I liked it! I'm always worried (when dating someone who does something creative) that I'll hate what they actually do.


Oh, and last night as we texted he asked me out for tonight. We might grab a drink or watch a movie. I said I was up for whatever and that we'd figure it out today since I was headed to bed.

Hmm...so, I'm still having fun with him. He's always nice, funny, talkative and still has such good teeth!

OK, now I really do have to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment